Monday 31 August 2015

Before we go on...


So, before we go any further I should make it clear that I am at the very early stages of exploring this ministry.

I am still trying to get my head round the whole things.

God is giving me a calling to a particular type of ministry.. but within the church of England that ministry seems.. a confused one.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not talking about people within the ministry being confused, but whilst individuals are clear about how they have been called and what they are called to, the church of England itself seems uncertain about the ministry and how it is enacted.

Currently there are approximately 70 “distinctive” deacons within the church of England… to add to the confusion, no one is even sure of that number..

Not a good sign.

For a while this blog is going to be me quoting books.

There are reasons for this.

  1. If you have found this blog, maybe you are seeking the same ministry.. whilst what I think are important quotes may not be the same passages that you would find useful in the same books, they may save you some time, and give you an idea if you want to read that book in more detail.
  2. It’s been a while since I read some of these, be writing out the quotes I get to re-examine the information in the, assess it against information I later found in other books etc.
  3. Purely selfishly, it’s easier to find something on a blog than to flip through pages and pages of hand-written notes J

Any misquotes are my error and are not intended to be a rewriting of the original passage, though I may add a comment or clarification on some.

No comments:

Post a Comment